Wednesday, August 20, 2008

yoohoo.

So I've just began my first paid job of my life. It's actually a lot of fun. We get to play with the registers and stuff ^^

For some reason I don't really feel like I'm working though, unless I'm on the register. When I'm not on the register, I pick up books and put them in boxes. That part of the job does not really feel like work. But I guess it takes time getting used to. I think it's because I'm so used to doing that kind of labor as volunteer work instead of paid work. But when I am on the register it feels like work because of my mindset. Interesting.

So that's my paid job. Now off to my unpaid job. I am one of the Social Board Leaders for the International Students Association (ISA). My job description is to plan activities for fellowship and create culture awareness. Luckily I have Alex Sung there with me. He's my partner for Social Board. I'm so excited for this year.

Nate Yim, Small Group Leader, has asked me to be a small group leader. I have been praying about that for a long time and I'm really glad that I'm going to be able to lead a group.

I am worried though. Am I going to have enough time to do all of this? Who knows. Only God can help me get through this. Well, that's my work life for now. Exciting though.

No comments: