Wednesday, March 18, 2009

strawberrykiwi.

As I'm walking to Session 3 of Missions Conference, I see my guy friends at the entrance of the gym. I wonder what they're up to. I see them scan their cards, go in, look around, then casually walk out the side door. I said hi to them and said, "Did you guys just scan and leave?" One of them sarcastically said, "No. We would never do that."

I'm puzzled. Do they have no conscience?
Not only that, but how can they take these kinds of opportunities for granted?
We are sooooo blessed to even be within the presence of such amazing missionaries that have come to share with us their stories of God's faithfulness.
We are blessed with the opportunity to come to together and raise our voices as one out to God.

Taking our blessings for granted is one of my greatest faults. However, it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate them. I wonder, do people look at me and what I do and ask the same questions I asked of my friends as above? I hope not. By our own selfish nature, it's harder for us to be hard on ourselves as we are on everyone else in this world.


Getting bad grades.
Being misjudged.
Disappointing my parents.
Not being accepted.
Being rejected.
Making stupid decisions.

These are some of the things that I fear most.
Did you notice anything wrong with the list?


Fear of God.
I've been noticing many disturbing things lately.
We fear things that are not supposed to be feared.
We shouldn't fear anything (demons, spiritual warfare, injustice, etc.).
The only One we are to fear is God.



Here I am God. Use me. Send me.

2 comments:

"Link" said...

May God use you for His glory.
May He fill you up.
Amen.

Marvin said...

Continue your journey in spiritual growth and do your best in life. I am sure you will find yourself at peace and with little worries about how you are perceived.

May God Bless you.